Glam Baby Bumps: The Mother Of Octuplet's Does First Interview Today Following Discharge

Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Mother Of Octuplet's Does First Interview Today Following Discharge

Nadya Suleman, the woman who gave birth to eight babies last week, admits that she has always longed for a big family as an only child.

"That was always a dream of mine, to have a large family, a huge family, and -- I just longed for certain connections and attachments with another person that I really lacked, I believe, growing up," Suleman said in an interview with NBC's Ann Curry on Thursday.

Suleman, who sat down with Curry on the same day she was discharged from the hospital, said she liked a sense of "self and identity" from a young age.

"I didn't feel as though, when I was a child, I had much control of my environment," she told Curry. "I felt powerless. And that gave me a sense of predictability. Reflecting back on my childhood, I know it wasn't functional. It was pretty dysfunctional, and whose isn't?"

Suleman's mother, Angela Suleman, had told Us that her daughter did blame her childhood on her desire to have so many kids.

"She was always upset I didn't have more," Angela told Us. But I don’t think she really knew. If she had brothers and sisters, I don’t think she would have been happier."

In the interview, Suleman -- who already had six children before giving birth to the octuplets -- used the same donor, a friend, for all 14 kids. All of the children were conceived through in vitro fertilization.

"I went through about seven years of trying -- through artificial insemination," Suleman said.

"And through medication. And all of which was unsuccessful. And then the first -- IVF procedure from that-- from that facility -- it was successful. And then I just kept going in."

This whole story is so disturbing and selfish to me. How is a single mother going to handle 14 children under the age of 8?

If she's 33 and her oldest kid is 7 or 8 and she went through 7 years of unsuccessful attempts to have kids...she started artificial insemination at 18 or 19? What sort of doctor let's an unemployed 18-yr-old do that??

What are your thoughts?

A first look at the exclusive interview will air on NBC's Today Friday.
Watch the full interview on Today this Monday and on Dateline Tuesday at 10 p.m. EST.
source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She did what a lot of women do, had babies because she wanted "someone to love" and lacked her own identity. Only she did it on an extreme level. She couldn't be satisfied with just one set of twins she had to go on until she ended up with 14 kids. So selfish and deranged. Unfortunately, now those babies are here and they need to be cared for, I wish the babies all the love in the world. It's not their fault their mother was so selfish and irresponsible

February 5, 2009 at 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't blame the mother i blame the doctors

February 5, 2009 at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.