Glam Baby Bumps: Nine Months Pregnant M.I.A. Will Perform At Grammy's

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nine Months Pregnant M.I.A. Will Perform At Grammy's

Singer M.I.A. has been added to the list of performers for this year’s Grammy Awards, set to take place on Sunday (February 8).

The Record Of The Year & Best Rap Song nominee is about to give birth to her first child, and the due date is the day of the ceremony!

Maya Arulpragasam, who is also nominated for an Oscar for her contribution to the “Slumdog Millionaire” soundtrack, “O … Saya,” is not only going to the Grammys, she’s going to perform. Let me reiterate this: her due date is … Sunday!!!

“They say that you’re often late the first time, so I’m planning to go” to the show, the 31-year-old told USA Today. “We’ll see. People are trying to get me to relax and focus on the baby. It’s like being in parallel universes.”

Don’t quote me on this, but I’m pretty sure she’ll be the first nine months pregnant singer to perform on the show.

“Having a baby is the most creative thing you can do,” she said. “It makes you re-learn the world through a child’s eyes.”

She plans on performing at the Oscars on February 22 as well. Dave Chappelle, get some kid-friendly material ready.
source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.