Glam Baby Bumps: Lily Allen Opens Up About Miscarriage

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lily Allen Opens Up About Miscarriage

In an interview with the UK newspaper Telegraph, songstress Lily Allen reveals how her despair over a January 2008 miscarriage led her to spend three weeks in a psychiatric ward.

“I was really depressed because of the miscarriage and I’d kind of lost the plot a bit,” the 23-year-old songstress explains. “It was quite a nasty time.” The baby was the first for Lily and her then-boyfriend Ed Simons of The Chemical Brothers; the couple were “over the moon” to learn they were about to become parents.

Recalls Lily,“It’s pretty hard to talk about it, but that Christmas I was at home with my family and Ed, and I wasn’t drinking, and I just sat there knowing I was having a baby and I was in absolute bliss. Sitting round eating turkey, playing games, watching everybody getting drunk, and being really excited knowing this time next year, I was going to have a baby…And I haven’t.”

The couple split shortly after the miscarriage, and Lily admits she often tortures herself with questions of ‘what if?’

“I guess… it wasn’t to be. That’s all I can say…Maybe if I’d stayed pregnant and had the baby then things would have worked out between me and Ed. I don’t know. You could drive yourself insane thinking about it.”

Lily’s latest album It’s Not Me, It’s You will be in stores February 10th.
source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shocking!inever remeber hearing she was pregnant in first place

January 22, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.