Glam Baby Bumps: Pete Wentz Talks About Ashley's Labor!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pete Wentz Talks About Ashley's Labor!

Being in the delivery room shortly before Ashlee Simpson gave birth Nov. 20 was "pretty surreal," Pete Wentz says in his first interview since welcoming son Bronx.

"Obviously, some stuff my wife would freak if I said, but she's pretty much a saint," he said Tuesday on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show. "Right before she went into labor, I was like, 'Oh my God, I think I'm having a heart attack!'

"Natural things start going on in your body," Wentz went on. "My heart started beating really fast."

He explained, "You see your wife in all this pain, and you really don't know what's happening."
But Ashlee "took care of me and made sure I was OK and then we went into labor," Wentz told Seacrest. "That's why she's a saint.

"She's an amazing girl. She was like, 'I will make sure you're OK,'" he added. "I didn't even stop to think, 'Well, you just had an epidural and you're about to have a baby!'"

When she had the baby, Wentz said that Ashlee remarked, "'He's beautiful. He's perfect.'
"We were instantly in love," he said of the boy. "It's impossible not to be!"

He said his wife is doing "really good" right now.

Wentz said he's changed "quite a few" diapers already - even some "exploding" ones.

As friends and family flock to get their first glimpse of Bronx, Wentz said,"Having a child is like opening a new spot in L.A. -- everyone's trying to get in every night!"

Eventually, the Fall Out Boy bassist said Bronx "is definitely going to come out on tour. We need a whole team of stuff that is going to get him through that."

As for the unique moniker, Bronx Mowgli?

He said he and Ashlee had been "throwing it back and forth a while ago. I feel weird because all these people have all these ideas on what it means ... I don't think anyone knows the real story of why or how."

[Jungle Book] author Rudyard Kipling is "really cool and The Jungle Book is something that me and Ashlee bonded over," Wentz explained.

Of fatherhood, he also noted, "It's different when it happens. Your life is 100 percent different now - you want it to be different."
source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mowgli?? really?? when is this nonsense name game going to stop? this has to be one of the worst!!

November 25, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.