Glam Baby Bumps: Cindy Crawford Opens Up About The Joys Of Motherhood And How To Minimize Stress

Monday, August 24, 2009

Cindy Crawford Opens Up About The Joys Of Motherhood And How To Minimize Stress

Cindy Crawford takes the cover of the September issue of Redbook magazine. It’s hard to believe the model mom is 43 years old!

In the interview, Cindy talks about being a devoted wife to her husband of 11 years Rande Gerber, a hands-on mom to their beautiful kids Presley, 10, and Kaia, almost 8, and an entrepreneur, she’s recently partnered with JC Penney on a new home collection called Cindy Crawford Style. The busy mom opens up about some of the joys and challenges of motherhood.

On making a house a home: “The most important thing is comfort. I want my home to look good, feel good, and smell good. I want it to be inclusive, to reflect the people who live there…. Each year I frame one of the kids' drawings or paintings. It's amazing that when you put it in a frame — it doesn't have to be expensive one — it becomes art. In the kids' playroom, I have all of those pieces, one for each year, together on one wall. When you put them all together, they tell a story.”

On a typical night in the Gerber-Crawford home: “I like doing homework with the kids. Not because I like homework but because they don't like it. So I feel that's my responsibility. We eat dinner together nearly every night, and we do sit down at the dining room table…. My kids are so great. They don't need a big production. One night, we sat on the couch and my son had taken off his socks, and we ended up throwing the socks at each other like Hot Potato for 20 minutes. We also like Cranium games. They're fun and about getting to know other people.”

On minimizing stress: “My goal is to be present. In whatever I do. If I am with the kids, I don't want to be typing on my BlackBerry under the table, and if I am talking to someone, I am not feeling bad because I am not going to Chuck E. Cheese's with my kids. I schedule my life in a way that I can do that. If I am overscheduled, I never really feel good wherever I am because I am thinking, I should be here doing this”…. There's another pressure, especially in L.A... I think I look good for my age. I am not 25; I am 43. That feels like a big pressure, especially when the National Enquirer is dying to get a picture. I am so aware that I don't want to change the way I live because of that kind of attention. So you say, ‘Screw it. I am wearing this bikini, and I am not putting on a cover-up.’ You just brace yourself for a bad picture.”

On the joys of motherhood: “I always thought it was such a cliché that you have this little baby and you fall in love and people say, ‘Wait, it gets better.’ And you think, How can it get better than this? But it does. I like hanging out with my kids. When we went to Disneyland, they wanted to go on the same rides as I did. You get to re-experience all the fun things through their eyes. You realize how jaded we can become as adults. Just watching them when they get excited and their whole body is shaking and they can't even contain it — as adults, how often do we get that excited?”
Source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.