Glam Baby Bumps: Recap:Jon & Kate Plus 8 Premiere

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Recap:Jon & Kate Plus 8 Premiere

Jon and Kate Gosselin don't appear on camera at the same time until 45 minutes into last night's premiere of Jon & Kate Plus 8.

Kate -- who shoots majority of her testimonial scenes solo (the couple usually appears as a pair) -- admits she and Jon may not be together for much longer.

"I am thinking this possibly could be our last family picture together," she says of a photo taken at the sextuplets' fifth birthday party. "I don't know...parents of multiples have, like, triple the divorce rate, and I was thinking we were gonna beat that. I don't know if I can say that anymore. Very swiftly, we turned into two different people, and that's just hard. I've tried for six months to figure out what the problem is, or remedy the problem. It's so complicated."

Adds Jon: "I think it was good for them [the kids] to see their mom and dad together in one place, even though it's been tough right now. Like I said, we will come together for our kids regardless of our relationship. We have to make a plan and settle jointly what we're going to do. There are good times and bad times and nothing is perfect."

In the episode, Jon spends a weekend away while Kate plans the sextuplets' fifth birthday party solo. She's seen struggling to drive the 15-person van, carry party supplies and control the children alone. She also complains about the paparazzi cameras to the reality TV cameras that trail her.

"It's a lot," she admits. "I would be lying if I sat here and said, 'Oh, I'm handing it great.' It's not fine."

The couple of nearly 10 years open up about their relationship issues. Jon denies his affair, while Kate (who had her own "inseparable" relationship with her bodyguard) admits she's "angry" at Jon for the way he's been acting.

"Slowly, I've seen him almost resent the duties [of being a parent]," she tells the camera. "I know it's a lot to take care of eight kids. I'm traveling a lot, he's frustrated a lot. I think he's angry at me. He doesn't really feel great about me. "Have I been hard on him for almost the last 10 years that we've been married? I would never deny that. I've always regretted it. Have I pushed him to this? I don't feel like I have. I feel like everyone is responsible for their own actions.

"I have a lot of anger. Because this is not where we're supposed to be. This is not what I envisioned for us. Not what I envisioned for him. He's made some very poor decisions, and we all have to live with them," she continues.

Jon admits the show has "become a business," and Kate laments that she's away so often on book signings, her kids sometimes accidentally call her by their baby-sitters' names.
"That kills you...I pour that mommy guilt on myself a lot," she says.

At the fifth birthday party, Jon and Kate's relationship is clearly strained."I drove separately," Jon admits, while Kate breaks down into tears while preparing the cake and ignores her husband.

The show ends with the family having a barbecue and Jon and Kate acting cordial, yet removed, on camera.

Did you see the premiere? What did you think of the show?
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.