Glam Baby Bumps: Mel Gibson Refers To Himself As "Octo-Mel"

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mel Gibson Refers To Himself As "Octo-Mel"

Mel Gibson answered questions about his relationship with musician Oksana Grigorieva and confirmed her pregancy during his 21st guest appearance on NBC's Tonight Show, airing Monday night.

In fact, Jay Leno set the tone for the evening by saying there were a lot of rumors to clear up. He then asked Gibson about his split with Robyn, his wife of 28 years. Gibson, 53, said he took the blame for the divorce. "My wife and I, our marriage ended three years ago and we've been separated ever since then," Gibson said. "These things happen. It's unfortunate, it's sad, but you know she is an admirable woman – we still got kids together. We're friends."

When Leno pressed Gibson by asking, "So what happened?" Gibson replied, "Look. When it's all said and done, I did a pretty good hatchet job on my marriage myself. I'm to blame. If you're inclined to judge, put it here."

Leno then joked with Gibson about his dating a younger woman. "What, is she 17, 18?" Leno asked. Gibson replied that Grigorieva was almost 40 and "now I am going to have two women mad at me!" Leno then said, "The rumor I have heard is that you guys are going to have a child?" Gibson then confirmed, "This is true. We're gonna have a child."

Piling it on, Leno joked, "So that will make 29? " Quickly, Gibson responded, "Well, actually eight. I guess I'm Octo-Mel."

Gibson is among the first of many special guests in Leno's last week as host of the Tonight Show, with his final guest on Friday being his successor, Conan O'Brien, who takes the helm on Monday, June 1. Leno returns to NBC in the fall in primetime.
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.