Glam Baby Bumps: Trista Sutter Signs Up For Permanent Birth Control

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Trista Sutter Signs Up For Permanent Birth Control

After welcoming baby Blakesley Grace last Friday, Trista Sutter says she's done having kids.
The former Bachelorette star -- who is also mom to Max, 20 months, with husband Ryan -- has signed up for a permanent birth control procedure called Essure, the company's rep confirms.

"Now that we have the two healthy children we always dreamed of, Ryan and I have decided that our family is the perfect size, and we want to devote our time and energy to them," says Sutter, who has suffered birth complications, including gestational diabetes and preeclampsia.

Essure is a minimally-invasive procedure performed in a doctor's office in about 10 minutes, the rep explains. Small, flexible micro-inserts are placed within a woman's fallopian tubes through the cervix without incisions. Over the next three months, the body forms a natural barrier around the micro-inserts to prevent sperm from reaching the egg. The procedure -- which 250,000 women have undergone -- is 99.8 percent effective.
"It's a safer, nicer way to go about a permanent birth control," the rep says, adding that Sutter will probably have the procedure this June.
Adds Sutter: "After looking at all my options I realized that Essure is the best fit for me and my lifestyle. I like it because the procedure can be performed in my doctor’s office without general anesthesia, and the quick recovery means I can get back to my life and my family right away."
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.