Glam Baby Bumps: John & Kate Acting Like Divas?

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

John & Kate Acting Like Divas?



John and Kate plus eight has not only been a cable hit about the family with twins and sextuplets, but it has also inspired a lot of hostility on the internet, where there are those who accuse parents Jon and Kate Gosselin of misusing their reality-show stardom to act like divas and acquire lots of free stuff from admiring viewers.

I don't really want to contribute to the Kate-hate, but last night's new episode, another one about the family's move to a bigger house, contained a few scenes between Jon and Kate that were a little disturbing.
Jon had bought a new shower nozzle (yes, this is the stuff from which Jon and Kate drama is drawn). But he didn't use a coupon when he went to the store. God forbid!

Sound like nothing? She let him have it! "I'm gonna shoot him!" she fumed to the camera crew.
Then she started talking to her husband as though he was about three years old, condescension mixing with anger. "You're not buying anything anymore!... This is annoying; beyond annoying!... Where's the receipt?... What is the rule about receipts?... You're gonna go back to the store this afternoon!"

On and on it went. Jon was, as usual, stoic, poker-faced. I have to admit I felt bad for him.
I like Kate and do watch the show--I identify with her compulsion to clean, clean, clean the house. I think a lot of her sarcasm can be funny. I like that she's so tough--most of the time. But last night, she was just over the top! I know moving can be stressful, but, can you please take it easy on your poor hubby: he's doing the best he can.
What are your thoughts?
source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's put it this way. Whenever I want to feel better about my own life, I turn to J&K. Poor John, looks suicidal half the time.

February 4, 2009 at 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She seems so bitchy lately.Maybe it's the stress of the new house?

February 4, 2009 at 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They def make my life seem easier!

February 4, 2009 at 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand Kate. It won't be long until they are the next family destroyed by a reality show.

February 4, 2009 at 10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HOPE THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN. I LOVE THIS FAMILY!

February 4, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She has been so ridiculous lately.Give the guy abreak!

February 4, 2009 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger glam baby said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always have felt that Kate was unbearable. It's not hard to be sympathetic to Jon. Jowever you almost need that type of personality to run that household.

February 4, 2009 at 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do have a lot of outside help in raising their family.
I can't help but watch this show every week. Maybe it's because I love my life more when it's over!

February 4, 2009 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger M. ware said...

John and kate are both amazing!!! Imagine if you had eight kids and had a camera shoved in your face all the time, how would the world perceive your every move? And the only reason those kids are so adorable and well behaved is because she has them in check with her OCD schedule... J and K are polar opposites and those are the couples that make it!

March 16, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.