Glam Baby Bumps: Kate Hudson Condsiders Herself A Strict Mother

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kate Hudson Condsiders Herself A Strict Mother


Actress Kate Hudson is mom to Ryder Russell (dad is Chris Robinson) and although the 29-year-old was raised in a carefree home by her free-spirited mom, actress Goldie Hawn and stepdad, actor Kurt Russell, Kate admits she's a strict mom.

Kate talks to Metro.com about marriage, divorce and motherhood. Here are some of the highlights:

Would you get married again?"Maybe, it depends. I haven’t become cynical. I would consider marriage if it was important to the other person."

What makes marriage so fascinating to people?"Most girls grow up with weddings as a big dream… It’s a billion-dollar industry. Everybody at some point looks forward to the day they get married. The idea of celebrating your relationship with somebody is something everyone looks forward to in their lives. Unfortunately, it becomes clouded with all the stuff that comes with it. My friends reminded me that, for my wedding, I complained Chris wouldn’t do anything and my mom was driving me crazy. I must have blocked that insanity out."

How do you manage to have such a good relationship with Chris now you’re divorced? "You’ve got to put the children first. If you can’t grow up in a marriage, you might as well grow up in the divorce. At least if you have to get divorced you have to do the right thing for the children. It’s not so easy but if it was we’d all be happily married for the rest of our lives with a million children, who are all perfect."

What has been your biggest challenge?"My lesson in life has been to learn to say ‘no’. I’m a ‘yes’ person. I don’t like letting people down, so I had to learn to say ‘no’. That came very easily once I became a mother. ‘Can I have candy?’ ‘No.’"

Are you a strict mother?"Yes. My parents were very tough and there’s something to be said for that. My parents were really hard on me and yet they are my favorite people in the world and we have the greatest relationship. That’s how I’d like to raise my child. You love them but you have to put your foot down."

Is it tough being followed everywhere when you have a child?"I always go incognito in New York and London and no one bothers me. It’s only when you bring attention to yourself that people notice. If you have bodyguards and limos and you’re wearing Gaultier to get a cup of coffee, people will stop and stare but when I go for a run in Hyde Park, with my earphones in, wearing sweats, nobody cares."
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.