Glam Baby Bumps: Elton John Wants To Adopt!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Elton John Wants To Adopt!

Elton John got more than he bargained for on a tour of a Ukrainian orphanage Saturday – a toddler who stole his heart. The singer told reporters that his partner, David Furnish, "always wanted to adopt a child and I always said no, because I am 62 and because of the traveling I do."

But after meeting Lev, a Ukranian toddler, "I've changed my mind . . . I would love to adopt him," John, adding of the potential bureaucratic hurdles: "I don't know how we would do that but he has stolen my heart."

John and Furnish toured the orphanage (where many of the children's parents have died from AIDS) as part of his Elton John AIDS Foundation initiatives. He added that he was inspired to adopt in part by the recent death of his good friend, keyboardist Guy Babylon. "He was such a genius and so young and has two wonderful children," said John. "What better opportunity to replace someone I lost than to replace him with someone I can give a future to."
Source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.