Glam Baby Bumps: Jon And Kate Gosselin Speak Out About Divorce Proceedings

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jon And Kate Gosselin Speak Out About Divorce Proceedings

After filing papers Monday, Kate told The Associated Press:

"Over the course of this weekend, Jon's activities have left me no choice but to file legal procedures in order to protect myself and our children." She added that "it was appropriate and necessary" for her to initiate this proceeding but refused to discuss why.

In a statement to Entertainment Tonight, Jon says:

"Yesterday, Kate filed for divorce. Our kids are still my No. 1 priority. I love them and want to make sure they stay happy, healthy and safe. "My job is being the best, most supportive and loving father that I can be to my kids, and not being married to Kate doesn't change that. This will be a difficult transition for all of us, but Kate and I will work out a schedule that enables our kids to have plenty of quality time with both of us at home in Pennsylvania. I am deeply saddened that we are divorcing, and also hurt by the statement Kate made last night about the divorce. I have always done everything I can to protect our family. The one thing I do agree with in Kate's statement is her desire to resolve things amicably. Of course emotions are running high for both of us right now, but for the sake of our children and our family's privacy, I hope that we can both limit our public comments about the legal proceedings going forward."

Before ending his statement, Jon said his Father's Day last weekend was one of his best ones yet because, "I was home with the kids for four days, just being a dad. No nannies, just the kids and me. In fact, with the exception of Aaden's visit to the doctor, I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend Fathers Day weekend."

In divorce papers filed Monday - the same day they announced the split to record ratings on their TLC show - Kate said her marriage to Jon is "irretrievably broken."

While filing for a no-fault divorce in Pennsylvania's Montgomery County Court, she also said she is willing to "negotiate a fair and reasonable" settlement with him.
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.