Glam Baby Bumps: Sarah Jessica Parker Concerned For Safety Of Surrogate

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sarah Jessica Parker Concerned For Safety Of Surrogate

Sarah Jessica Parker opened up for the first time since announcing that she and husband MAtthew Broderick are expecting twins through a surrogate.

“I’m excited,” she said about the babies. “I’m in disbelief. I’m really grateful. I feel really fortunate. My son is so excited, my husband is so excited.”

On April 28, just as stories were about to break with the news, the couple announced they were expecting twins via a surrogate. And on Tuesday, Sarah Jessica talked about why she chose to go the surrogate route.

“Well, you know, we’ve been trying to expand our family for a number of years and we actually have explored a variety of ways of doing so,” she said. “This was one of the things we discussed with seriousness that had real possibilities for us.”

SJP says she's concerned for the safety and well-being of the surrogate through whom she and husband Matthew Broderick are expecting twin daughters.

The Sex and the City star said the heightened media attention has led to an invasion of the woman's privacy.

The surrogate's telephone and computer have been hacked into, and she has received threats, Parker says, adding that the stress has taken its toll on her, and she worries about the surrogate "and the safe delivery of our children."

"I care deeply about her, and I am incredibly outraged by the sort of extraordinary and unprecedented invasion of her privacy," Parker says in the interview, which airs Tuesday. "I think even given the unfortunate way we live now ... it has still shocked me, and it has still really disappointed me."

The actress -- who has a son, James Wilkie, 6, with her husband -- adds: "It would be a complicated -- it would be odd to have made this choice if I was able to, you know, have successful pregnancies since my son's birth."
source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.