Glam Baby Bumps: Melissa Joan Hart Opens "Sweet Harts"

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Melissa Joan Hart Opens "Sweet Harts"

On Saturday Melissa Joan Hart, 33, had the grand opening of her new candy store, Sweet Harts in Sherman Oaks, Calif.

The former Sabrina, the Teenage Witch star celebrated along with friends including Kellie Martin, Soleil Moon Frye, Jaime Pressly and husband Mark Wilkerson, 32, lead singer for the band Course of Nature, and their sons Mason, 3, and Braydon, 14 months.

"It's been a dream of mine since I was a kid," says the actress of owning a candy store, an idea she came up with together with mom Paula Hart. "I'm so excited to start this next adventure in my life."

The store, beautifully decorated in purple and apple green, features 200 different kinds of candy including Big League Chew, Jelly Bellies, Candy Lipstick, Nerds, Junior Mints and Bubble Tape gum.

It also sells a selection of frozen yogurt, which Hart served up from behind the counter at the opening, in flavors such as pistachio, peach and bubble gum. "I love all the different candy because they remind me of my childhood," says Hart. "I can't wait for my kids to have their birthday parties here."

The actress, who blogged about being "extremely proud" of her 18 percent body fat count and fitting into her size 27 jeans in a recent post on her MySpace page, is not worried about the temptation that comes with owning a candy store.

"Actually, I don't like sweets unless I'm pregnant," she says. "It's a very lucky thing! The only thing I'll eat [at the store] is the non-fat frozen yogurt."

Soleil Moon Frye and daughter Poet

Kellie Martin and her 2 year old daughter Maggie
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.