Glam Baby Bumps: Lance Armstrong Reveals Split With Sheryl Crow Was Over Babies

Friday, May 8, 2009

Lance Armstrong Reveals Split With Sheryl Crow Was Over Babies

In his upcoming book, Lance Armstrong reveals that he and ex fiancee Sheryl Crow split in 2006 because she wanted to have children -- and he didn't.

"She wanted marriage, she wanted children; and not that I didn't want that, but I didn't want that at that time because I had just gotten out of a marriage, I'd just had kids [Luke, 9, and twins Grace and Bella, 7]," Armstrong says Lance (out in July), as excerpted by the New York Post. "Yet we're up against her biological clock -- that pressure is what cracked it."

Armstrong, 37, says that he and Crow, 47, even went to a counselor, "but really there's no way to counsel that situation." "If somebody wants a child -- man, that's the greatest gift you can give to a woman -- ... who are you to stand there and say I don't want one?" he says. "So we were at different points in our lives. We were not compatible on that issue."

Adds Armstrong (who announced in December that he is expecting a baby with girlfriend Anna Hansen): "I felt like I wasn't ready ... I would have been in the future, but not then."

In May 2007, the unwed Crow adopted a two-week-old boy, Wyatt. Of motherhood, Crow said this past February, "It’s great! I love every minute of it." "The best part is all of it," she added. "I would love more kids! I don't know about 14 kids, but I'd love more!"
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.