Glam Baby Bumps: Reese Witherspoon Talks About Divorce, Her New Love & The Difficulties Of Being A Young Mom

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Reese Witherspoon Talks About Divorce, Her New Love & The Difficulties Of Being A Young Mom

Not long ago Reese Witherspoon was going through a painful divorce and feeling, in her own words, humiliated and isolated. Fast forward a couple of years and the Oscar-winning mom to Ava, 9, and Deacon, 5, is at the top of her game – and happy in love with boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal. Looking lovely on the cover of the new issue of Elle, Reese, 32, opens up about love, life - and dieting.

On her divorce from Ryan Phillippe: “Very humiliating and very isolating… But, by the way, if it’s not painful, maybe it wasn’t the right decision to marry to begin with. Those are the appropriate emotions. When people get in your face and say, ‘This will pass,’ you think, Are they crazy? I’m never gonna feel any better than I feel right this minute and nothing’s ever gonna make sense again. And I still have moments where I’m like, Nothing’s ever gonna make sense again.”

On her new love, Jake Gyllenhall: “He’s fabulous. He really is a fantastic guy. Unfortunately, he’s not in the movie, so we can’t really talk about him.”

On being a young mom: “When I first had Ava, I couldn’t afford [help]. And it was so hard. I was out in Los Angeles, living [away from my family]. I really didn’t have any friends. And I had a baby. No one else who was 22 had a baby. I couldn’t go out.”

On her rumored “Type A” personality: “I don’t think I’m a control freak. I think I’m just fearful. I operate from a lot of fear, like, of things being lost or forgotten or neglected. Losing the spiritual rather than the physical. It’s so funny to me that somehow I’ve been portrayed as a very, like, closed-off or uptight person. I’m very open.”

On the paparazzi: “Fascination is gonna die off. I honestly know it. But it’s just like I keep waiting and waiting, and then it’s just more tabloid magazines, and it keeps going. I don’t take a shower everyday. I don’t put on makeup everyday. I wear a lot of sunglasses, in case you noticed.”

On not being diet-obsessed: “I’m made of cookies after the holidays. Everything inside me is made of sugar and flour and a little red wine –a lot of red wine.”
source

Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.