Glam Baby Bumps: Rosie O'Donnell Gets Menopause Advice From Madonna

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rosie O'Donnell Gets Menopause Advice From Madonna

Rosie O'Donnell has been e-mailing back and forth with Madonna about menopause, she reveals in an interview on The Tyra Banks Show to air Thursday and Friday.

"She's [Madonna] great, she's a lot like a big sister," O'Donnell says. "When I started having my hormone things, I'm like, 'What the hell is going on?' she's like, 'Get the cream.'"

The former View host doesn't hold anything back when talking about her body."Well let me tell you one thing, Tyra: I am about to be 47 next month and Aunt Flow has not shown up for nine months," she says.

"It started for me at 41...I would be in the bed, and I would wake up and the sheets would be soaking wet -- not damp -- soaking wet," she shares. "I thought, 'Oh [daughter] Vivi crawled in here last night and maybe she wet.' So I would throw the covers off and turn to look -- and there's no Vivi, it's just [partner] Kelli. Then I'm like, 'Kelli is incontinent!' And then I realized, no it's me."

Other changes in O'Donnell's life? She's given up booze.
"I stopped drinking on Dec. 1. It has not been easy," she admits."On Nov. 29, I was with my son, who is now 13, and I said to him, 'Park, can you get me a beer?'" she says. "And he said, 'No I don't want to.' And I said, 'Really why not?' And he says, 'Because you know what, I think you drink too much beer...Lately I think it's too much.'

"I [told my son], 'You know, when I was a kid -- when I was 22 -- I stopped drinking for, like, eight years.' He goes, 'Well maybe you should do that again.' I go, 'Well honey what happens if I can't do that?'

Parker suggests his adopted mom join Alcoholics Anonymous. "He said, 'There's a drunk club. I forget what it's called, but you have to, like, be really drunk to get in. I don't know if they'd let you in, but you could ask them for tips,'" O'Donnell says.

Check the Tyra Banks Show Web site to see when it airs in your city.
source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.