Glam Baby Bumps: Octopulet Grandmother Not Against Adoption

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Octopulet Grandmother Not Against Adoption

Angela Suleman -- grandmother to the infamous octuplets -- says she wouldn't be against her daughter, Nadya, putting the babies up for adoption if she can't afford them.

"It's very hard to say because they are my grandchildren. However, if I could know the future...if I could see that she would not be able to take of them financially...I would opt for this," she says in an interview with The Insider that airs tonight.

Nadya has no job, and supports her children with food stamps and disability income."I just hope she will [be able to care for them], because she will never have them adopted," Suleman continues.

The grandmother -- who is facing foreclosure in the home she shares with Nadya and her other six children -- says she's put her own life on hold and wants to "live a little. "I'm ready to go visit Europe again and see my friends," she says. "I love my grandchildren, but when she asks me, like tonight, can she go visit the other babies...I said no because I made plans already. I need to change. I can't just live for my daughter, I have my own life."

On Tuesday, Nadya told TV host "Dr. Phil" McGraw that she fears the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in California won't release the infants.

"What she is telling me is that unless and until she has a better living arrangement, that they are not likely to release the children to her," McGraw tells The Los Angeles Times.

Currently, all eight Suleman's newborns continue on room air and no longer need intravenous supplemental nutrition. All eight of the babies are gaining weight and continue being fed donated pasteurized breast milk.

"At one month old, the babies are doing well," said Mandhir Gupta, MD., Neonatologist at the medical center. "They are alert and responsive to the care our nurses are providing them. In fact, we are slowly introducing them to nipple or bottle feeding a few times a day, and they're getting better and better at coordinating sucking, swallowing and breathing. Our nurses can't help but smile as each in turn gets stronger."
source
Bookmark and Share
posted by glam baby at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

Add to Technorati Favorites Blog Directory for Cleveland, Ohio
follow me on Twitter

Disclaimer: This site's purpose is to publish entertainment and offbeat gossip from various Web sources. Information has not been independently confirmed. Glam Baby Bumps does not own any of the pictures posted here and all images can be removed.